New York Business Lawyers
General Counsel Services for Startups and Established Businesses
Dilendorf & Khurdayan offers services as outside general counsel to businesses of all sizes. Whether a client has a routine need for legal counsel or a temporary one, our firm is happy to offer our assistance in guiding the client through the business and legal issues quickly and effectively.
We take pride in being a part of our clients’ growth and success.
As outside general counsel, we focus on ensuring that our clients are fully informed and are making legally and financially appropriate decisions to grow their business. Often, we negotiate with third parties as the client’s business grows – investors, customers, vendors, landlords, accountants, consultants, media outlets, governmental and regulatory agencies.
Advised premier New York brokerage firm on all legal matters, including commercial leasing, intellectual property, corporate matters, employment matters, and handled all disputes in connection with their business operations
Represented a fashion start-up as general counsel in connection with various legal matters – joint ventures, agency agreements, new partnerships, signing new designers, re-structuring and corporate governance, setting up incentive compensation plan for employees, intellectual property matters, including registering trademarks and handling licensing arrangements
Advised foreign-based private client in connection with U.S. market entry, including corporate and tax matters, commercial leasing and intellectual property
Hire Dilendorf & Khurdayan as Outside General Counsel
Businesses routinely face a series of legal issues and challenges. An outside general counsel is an attorney who is not employed by the company but handles a broad range of legal and business problems whenever needed. Outside general counsel is often a sound financial decision for formative-stage companies (between startup and IPO) that allows them to take care of all the legal needs without the expenditure of having a full-time lawyer on staff.
Many of our clients are business owners that are large enough to require advice on complex legal issues but are not ready to employ a full-time in-house attorney. We strive to understand our client’s industry and business model, and quickly identify where our expertise can be beneficial to business growth and success.
Dilendorf & Khurdayan Offers Expertise in Every Field of Business Law
We bring years of experience in commercial transactions to our work as outside general counsel. Our relationship with the clients as rusted advisors coupled with our understanding of each client’s business, allows us to address our clients’ day-to-day legal needs quickly and efficiently as well as anticipate legal risks and develop strategies to address those risks beforehand. We offer expertise in:
Real estate transactions, including sales, purchases, and leases
State and federal securities law
We Provide a Full Suite of General Counsel Services
- Helping business owners and corporate directors structure transactions to maximize profits and minimize taxes and risks; full due diligence and deal support.
- Advising corporate directors on their legal obligations under applicable corporate governance laws; attending board meetings, drafting resolutions and minutes.
- Assistance in obtaining business financing while complying with state and federal securities regulations.
- Protecting clients’ intellectual property, including trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets.
- Consulting with business owners in matters of employment law, including those related to compensation, benefits and non-discrimination.
- Negotiating, drafting, and reviewing business contracts, including employment contracts, non-compete agreements, non-disclosure agreements, sales contracts, insurance policies and leases.
- Advising businesses in mergers and acquisitions, spin-offs, debt refinancing and recapitalizations.
- Helping to resolve conflicts with employees, customers and between owners, directors or managers.