Dilendorf Law Firm PLLC are Bitcoin lawyers in New York City who help clients with all their cryptocurrency and virtual token needs. Our attorneys represent blockchain startups, investors, broker-dealers, and others in connection with developing, buying and selling, holding, or otherwise dealing in digital assets in compliance with US law.
BITCOIN & CRYPTOCURRENCY LAWYERS
Prepared expert opinions for several early cryptocurrency adopters applying for EB-5 green-cards in response to USCIS requests for additional evidence of the legal sources of digital funds (BTC/ETH).
Represented blockchain-based marine navigation service with AI capabilities in the process of raising capital via a TGE from US and non-US investors through Regulation D and S offerings.
Represented B2B / B2C blockchain freelance platform in the process of raising capital through Regulation D and S offerings to US and non-US investors. We provided review and analysis of the white paper and the project, preparation of the private placement memorandum (PPM), subscription agreements. We also gave guidance regarding the process of investor accreditation as well as AML/KYC checks, and filing Form D with the SEC.
Represented a blockchain-based gaming platform in connection with structuring Regulation D and S offerings. We performed full review of the project, drafted a private placement memorandum and purchase agreement to launch the sale. We provided guidance through the process of verifying US accredited investors and completing KYC/AML checks, and filing form D with the SEC.
Represented a decentralized crypto exchange platform and advised the company regarding the process of raising capital in the U.S through SEC Regulation A+ and D offerings. We provided advice on obtaining money transmitting licenses in all 50 states, and preparing all necessary offering documents to launch a token sale in the U.S
Advised a client on completing a real estate purchase in New York using Bitcoin.
Advised a digital accounting and data management provider on obtaining money transmitter licenses and New York BitLicense in relation to incorporating crypto/fiat payment system, crypto/fiat conversion and digital wallet services into their platform.
Advised a decentralized e-commerce platform on obtaining money transmitter and New York BitLicense in relation to their crypto/fiat exchange services and escrow services via integrated smart wallet.
Advised a Thai-based company on issuing a stablecoin pegged to the US dollars in compliance with US federal and state laws and regulations
Advised digital asset issuer on traceability of their digital securities and tracking their cap table on the blockchain.
Advised a real estate investor on the due diligence and mechanics of structuring a real estate transaction using Bitcoin, including blockchain forensics due diligence.
Advised a digital securities buyer on the issues of tracking his assets and receiving refund in cryptocurrency.
Provided expert legal opinion and report demonstrating traceability and legality of a client’s Bitcoin and Ethereum holdings in connection with an EB-5 investment.
A Complete Suite of Cryptocurrency Services
Numerous state and federal agencies in the United States have begun to more heavily regulate Bitcoin, alt-coins such as Ethereum, and virtual tokens. Our firm works diligently to keep abreast of new developments in the law and ensure our clients remain compliant.
We offer a broad range of cryptocurrency services for clients of all kinds, including:
- Investigating and advising virtual-token issuers of the application of state and federal securities, commodities, and money-services laws to their tokens
- Assisting clients in understanding and complying with cryptocurrency-specific state regulations, such as New York’s BitLicense regulatory framework
- Counseling investors, brokers, and others of the state and federal tax consequences of acquiring, holding, earning income from, or selling cryptocurrencies or tokens
- Protecting our clients by responding quickly and effectively to regulatory or administrative actions with respect to their cryptocurrencies and virtual tokens, such as subpoenas, audits, and seizures
- Negotiating, drafting, and reviewing agreements involved in mining, buying and selling, or holding Bitcoin, alt-coins, or tokens, including mining-pool arrangements and agreements involving shareholders, members, or partners in a business entity
- Resolving disputes involving cryptocurrencies through alternative dispute resolution or litigation, including claims involving breach of contract, theft, or fraud
- Maintaining a cutting-edge understanding of blockchain developments and legal or regulatory changes, and keeping our clients informed of how such changes affect them
Blockchain Forensics Legal Opinions, Reports and Investigations
Advising on legality and traceability of blockchain assets, we utilize not only our deep knowledge in the digital-asset legal compliance but also our vast network of professional connections, which include the major cryptocurrency and digital security exchanges, trusts, traders and broker-dealers.
We also employ the most reputable blockchain investigators to track every bit of information available on a blockchain. Our blockchain investigative partners also consult FBI fighting cybercrimes in the blockchain space.
Upon completion of our legal due diligence and independent investigation, we often issue legal opinions and blockchain forensic investigative reports, so that our clients have a complete understanding of the issue.
Our blockchain forensics legal expert opinions and investigative reports may contain:
- detailed flow of our client’s or counterparty’s flow of cryptocurrency or other digital assets on a blockchain;
- assessment of sufficiency of cryptographic private keys, public records and other factors establishing ownership of cryptocurrency or other digital asset on a blockchain;
- KYC/AML compliance measures taken at each point of the funds’ journey by clients and third parties, including exchanges and OTC traders;
- legal opinion on adoption, traceability, exchangeability and legality of a particular kind of digital asset existing on a blockchain;
- regulatory framework for cryptocurrencies and other blockchain assets in the U.S. etc.
Our blockchain forensics legal expert opinions and investigative reports are an effective tool, which may be essential in, for example:
- conducting due diligence of a cryptocurrency transaction, background check or KYC/AML compliance;
- investing into digital securities;
- making a purchase or investment using cryptocurrency or other digital assets;
- demonstrating legality of your digital-asset holdings to the USCIS, IRS or other governmental agency.
Contact Us to Learn More About Our Bitcoin and Digital Currency Services
Send us an email or call 212.457.9797 to schedule a consultation at our Manhattan office.
- Regulation of Cryptocurrency Around the World
- Bitcoin Survey – Library of Congress
- Virtual Currencies
- The Rise of Bitcoin – Understanding the Ins and Outs of this Cryptocurrency
- Economic and Non-Economic Trading in Bitcoin
- Bitcoin and Virtual Currency Regulation
- Bitcoin: Technical Background and Data Analysis
- Bitcoin Dealers Licensed as Money Transmitters
- The Rise of Crypto: Could Bitcoin Reach $12,000 by 2020
- Bitcoin: Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System
- Is it Ethical for Lawyers to Accept Bitcoins and Other Cryptocurrencies?
- Exploring the Opportunities and Challenges Surrounding the Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Ecosystem
- Investor Advisory: Bitcoin & Other Virtual Currencies
- Bitcoin Pricing, Adoption and Usage: Theory and Evidence
- How Bitcoin Functions as Property Law
- IRS Guide to Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency
- Rise of Crypto: Could Bitcoin Reach $12,000 by 2020?
- Currency, Legal Tender & Bitcoins
- Bitcoin: Technical Background and Data Analysis
- Beyond Silk Road: Potential Risks, Threats and Promises of Virtual Currencies
- Future of Cryptocurrency: Countering Fraud and Regulating Digital Assets
- Storing and Querying Bitcoin Blockchain Using SQL Databases
- Hearing Before the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, Beyond Silk Road: Potential Risks, Threats, and Promises of Virtual Currencies
- Acting Manhattan U.S. Attorney Announces Extradition Of Co-Founder Of Global Cryptocurrency Ponzi Scheme
For any legal and tax questions pertaining to digital currency transactions
please contact Dilendorf Law Firm by sending an email or calling us at 212.457.9797