BUSINESS ACQUISITIONS + SALES
Buying or selling a business is a complex undertaking that poses risks for even the most seasoned businessperson. Such transactions require a thorough understanding of many different fields of business law, including contracts, corporate governance, employment, financing, franchising, real estate, securities, and taxes. Buying or selling a business without the guidance of an expert business lawyer can lead to unanticipated liabilities and negative tax consequences.
Dilendorf Law Firm is a New York City business law firm with expertise in all facets of business acquisitions and sales. We represent buyers, sellers, investors, and corporate directors and officers by planning a transaction, negotiating it, and seeing it through to completion.
Combining our years of experience in commercial transactions of all kinds with our commitment to providing high-quality customized solutions, we work diligently and efficiently to achieve the best outcome for our clients.
Represented a successful tech start-up in connection with converting an existing NJ LLC into DE corporation with super-voting stock for founders and non-voting restricted stock for employees
Advised a leading healthcare advertising and marketing agency in its post-acquisition $1.8M purchase price adjustment dispute
Represented a client in connection with the sale of her restaurant business in the Financial District, New York.
Dilendorf Law Firm Understands How to Structure Your Acquisition or Sale
Business acquisitions and sales can be structured in many ways. We use our experience and expertise to help our clients choose the optimal structure for their transaction given their business and tax objectives. We assist clients with:
- Asset sales
- Stock sales
- Mergers, share exchanges and similar transactions
- Buyouts of business partners
We Guide Our Clients Through Every Step of the Transaction
We help our clients navigate the complex process of buying or selling a business, from initial planning to closing. Our services include:
- Advising buyers, sellers, investors, or corporate leadership in identifying and selecting potential acquisition targets
- Negotiating the price and other terms of the deal
- Drafting and reviewing sales memoranda, letters of intent, and contracts for purchase and sale
- Negotiating, drafting, and reviewing ancillary contracts, including franchise agreements, non-disclosure agreements, non-competition agreements, and lease assignments
- Helping our clients perform their due diligence, uncovering potential environmental and other liability risks and addressing them
- Obtaining and structuring financing for a transaction, either between the parties or with a third party
- Providing closing services