Cryptocurrency payment option provides large holders of crypto assets with access to prime residential and commercial real estate in the U.S. and New York City in particular. At the same time, with proper structuring, sellers will experience a minimal difference, if any, from a traditional real estate transaction.
Dilendorf Law Firm assists clients with properly structuring real estate transactions involving digital assets and cryptocurrencies, including currency conversion into fiat and necessary escrow services.
Dilendorf Law Firm guides clients through legal and practical issues of crypto real estate transactions. We represent buyers and sellers of real estate using cryptocurrencies from cryptocurrency due diligence to negotiations to closing, including:
- Conducting necessary due diligence, including KYC/AML checks on the buyer and the buyer’s digital wallet;
- Negotiating, drafting, and reviewing purchase offers and contracts of purchase;
- Guiding clients through FinCen’s GTO reporting requirements that apply to real estate transactions involving non-U.S. residents;
- Advising clients regarding the process of converting cryptocurrency into fiat (US dollars) using licensed third-party service providers;
- Assisting with escrow services;
- Guiding clients through federal and state withholding requirements, in case a transaction involves a non-U.S. resident seller;
- Conducting title searches and examinations, and resolving any title problems;
- Structuring real estate transactions to minimize tax exposure for domestic and foreign clients, including using 1031-exchanges;
- Selecting and forming tax-efficient real estate holding entities for domestic and foreign clients, including business entities and trusts;
- Assisting clients in conducting due-diligence review of commercial real estate properties and projects;
- Closing services.