Helping Our Clients Avoid White Paper Pitfalls
Because a white paper is marketing material intended to attract investment in a virtual token, its contents may be regulated by state and federal securities and consumer protection laws.
Our lawyers apply their thorough understanding of those laws when reviewing a white paper.
As part of our comprehensive review of clients’ white papers, we:
- Analyze project’s token sales structure;
- Confirm that the representations made in a whitepaper are complete and not misleading;
- Review existing relationships with third parties engaged in marketing a token sale to ensure compliance with US laws governing the use of brokers;
- Analyze bounty campaigns to reduce or eliminate the risks associated with broker regulations; and
- Review clients’ circumstances and advise on the optimal registration exemption for their token sales, whether under Regulation D or not.